Thursday, September 28, 2017

2017 - Day 271/94 - Thursday...

I would not be the least bit surprised if, one day in the future, I come to regret having rescued this mouse from the pool. I would like to think that he will remember that we kept him from drowning in the pool, and will go to the neighbors to chew through their electrical wiring, and not mess with ours. Perhaps that is too much to ask, but rescue him/her I did. He was really tired from treading water, and while we were having dinner, I saw it swim to the polaris hose. Since I only use my glasses anymore for driving (I have come to the conclusion that there is very little I really need to see that is not close enough to see it), I really could not tell if it was just a leaf or something else. After dinner, I ventured out, and I really thought it was a bull frog. Bull frogs are not really interested in being rescued from the pool, and they tend to dive when approached by a skimmer net, but this guy was not in any great mood for a hasty escape. I got him in the net, took him over to the window for Jody to check it out, and them released him into the grass on the other side of the gazebo. He did hang out long enough for me to go back inside and get my phone so I could document the rescue, but shortly after that, he had recovered enough to get out of dodge. I did see Barney this afternoon, so I may have done nothing more than to save it from one fate and present it right to another. I bet a dollar I will never know the outcome. Tomorrow is Friday, and I welcome that. I have a lot of office work to be done, and then I am showing property in the afternoon. If I am lucky, I will be able to sit at home and finish some chores that I have a deadline for. Deadlines really work well for me, I do my best work under pressure. Deeds, Actions, Changes, WET MICE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment