Friday, April 19, 2019

2019 - Day 109/256 - Friday...Gallant...

Be careful, things are not always as the seem. I took this photo at about 6:30 this morning. It is the moon setting in the west. It was kind of interesting, and I thought I would share it with you. Other things are not as they seem, as well. I was hoping traffic would not be as it usually is, and that premonition was coming true until I heard a report of a vehicle fire on MoPac at Westover...close enough to where I had intended to exit that I had to take an alternate route to Upper Crust Bakery, to get Jody his weekend supply of bran muffins. When I got in to the bakery, Michael and Lynda were there, enjoying baked goods and coffee. I sat and talked with them for a while, and that was nice, but I had to get to the office for a 9 o'clock meeting. Then it was off to do a quick video at Texas Realtors® and then I was off to get my hair(s) cut. Then a quick visit to a property that will go on the market next week, and then home.

Life is good!

Gallant -- Adjective. 1. showy in dress or bearing. smart. 2a. splendid, stately. b. spirited, brave. c. nobly chivalrous. 3. courteous and attentive especially to ladies. The climbers made a gallant attempt but failed to reach the summit of the mountains and had to turn back due to dangerous weather.

Did You Know? In the late 14th century, Middle English adopted galaunt (now spelled gallant) from the Middle French galant, a participal form of the verb galer, meaning "to have a good time." This origin is more apparent in the earliest uses of the English gallant, both as a noun meaning "a man of fashion" and as an adjective meaning "marked by show, color, smartness, or splendor especially in dress." The French galer is related to gale ("pleasure, merrymaking"), which has also entered the language, by way of Italian, as gala ("a festive celebration"). Middle English also had a noun gale that meant "singing, merriment, or mirth" (and is unrelated to the gale used to indicate a strong current of air) and may also have been related to the Old French gale.

No comments:

Post a Comment