Wednesday, April 17, 2019

2019 - Day107/258 - Wednesday...Favonian...

I felt stressed and anxious all day long today, from the minute I woke up, until about 3:30 this afternoon. I was totally overbooked and not in charge of the way my day was proceeding. I hate that. That is why I usually drive. I drove today, but my schedule for the day was not of my own design. I was pulled too many different ways, and it was not comfortable for me. I made it look okay, but it was not a comfortable day for me. However, it all ended up just fine, so that is all that really matters. Once I got home, I took care of my usua chores, and Jody mentioned that the Julia Child rose in the back was outdoing itself, and indeed it is. We are expecting a pretty strong storm overnight, beginning after n=midnight and lasting until about 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning. High winds, hail, some rain...just the usual during an El Nino spring.

Favonian -- Adjective. of or relating to the west wind. mild. Our guests relaxed on the patio, watching the sunset and enjoying favonian breezes.

Did You Know? In "ode to the West Wind," poet Percy Bysshe Shelley called the "wild West Wind" the "breath of Autumn's being." But according to Greco-Roman tradition, the west wind was warm and usually gentle. Its Latin name, Favonius, is the basis for the English adjective favonian and derives from roots that are akin to the Latin fovere, meaning "to warm." Zephyros, a Greek name for the west wind, is the ultimate source of zephry, meaning "a gentle breeze." In Greco-Roman tradition, it was the north wind, Boreas (aka Aquilo), who was the rude and blustery type.

No comments:

Post a Comment