Tuesday, July 16, 2019

2019 - Day 197/168 - Tuesday...Dudgeon...

Okay, be honest. Who DOESN'T want to see a picture of me with a big wiener. So...for your viewing pleasure, I give you...a picture of me with a big wiener. You're welcome! I saw this in a hotel parking lot this morning, but I was already too far past to get a picture. Then, laster in the morning, I needed to go and do a property drive-by and paid better attention. Why in the hell do you think this thing was STILL in the parking lot at almost noon? That does not seem (to me) to be the highest and best use of this giant wienermobile. And why is it in the parking lot of a hotel in the first place? Just look at the size of it. This has to be, not only a wienermobile, but more likely than not, a wienerrv...a wiener recreational vehicle. Am I wrong?

Dudgeon--Noun. a fit or state of indignation--often used in the phrase in high dudgeon. "Hollywood's critics are in high dudgeon. The motion-picture industry has sunk into a moral morass, the say." Sonny Bunch, Commentary, March 1, 2013

Did You Know? Dudgeon is today used most often in the phrase "in high dudgeon" (which in turn sometimes gives rise to playful variations such as "middling dudgeon," "intermediate dudgeon," "towering dudgeon," "lofty dudgeon," and so on). The word has been a part of the English language since at least 1573, but its earlier history is a mystery. Conjectures as to a connection to a Welsh word, dygen, meaning "malice," have no basis. Also, there does not appear to be any connection whatever to the very old dudgeon--a now obsolete term once used for a dagger or a kind of wood out of which dagger handles were made. Just between us, I still don't know what the hell it means...

No comments:

Post a Comment