Thursday, January 16, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 16/350, 2020 - Thursday

It was not 80 degrees in central Texas today. It may have been in the 60s, but I am not even sure of that. Right now it is 55 degrees, and it it windy, dribbley, cold, and crappy. I am tired of driving in the fog, or the misty rain, or just driving period. It is miserable weather. The only saving grace is that I have turned the HVAC off to one side of the house. Not too shabby. I expect I will have to turn the heat back on tomorrow, but we can tough it out at least another day. You just never know when you will need to fall back on old technology. Not only do I still have a Mapsco from 2004, it is a LARGE PRINT version. Every now and then I still use it to find places. I also still have a real rolodex that I refer to now and then. You just never know when these things will come back in style. Just ask me about my Corning Ware Casseroles!

Four Amish men pleaded guilty in Gladwin County (Michigan) District Court on January 8 to charges stemming from an earlier incident in Beaverton Township. According to the Midland Daily News, deputies from the Gladwin County Sheriff's office responded on December 29 to a call from a concerned motorist who observed the four men tossing empty beer cans from the horse and buggy they were riding in. When deputies pulled them over, they gave bogus ages and would not confirm their names, authorities said, yet the men appeared to be inebriated, and a search of trhe buggy turned up empty alcohol containers along with unopened ones. Levi Mast, 20; Andrew Zook, 19; Joseph Miller, 20; and Joseph Troyer, 19, each paid a $700 fine and $150 in court costs. They have yet to face the bishop.

No comments:

Post a Comment