Saturday, January 25, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 25/341, 2020 - Saturday

I got EVERYTHING done on my chores list that absolutely, positively had to be done today. Tomorrow, I will get the rest of the stuff done that could wait until tomorrow. This evening, I attended the Austin Board of REALTORS® Industry Awards dinner. I was asked to announce the Educator of the Year Award. That's what happens (I guess) when you come in fourth place! I don't even know that I was nominated, but it is really not important. There were three totally qualified finalists; Socar, Candy and Reba. I drug it out as long as I could, and finally announced that Candy was awarded the honor. It could not have been an easy task for the group that sifted through the nominations and qualifications, and all the finalists were well deserving of the honor! Oh yeah, and I sponsored something, but I am not really sure what it was. But I got my name on the napkins! Totally worth it!

"This has got to rank as one of the worst attempted jailbreaks ever," said a prison official in Albany, Isle of Wight, England. The first problem: The perpetrator tried to break into the wrong prison (his cousin was incarcerated at a prison in a neighboring town). Second, the man's weapon was a squirt gun. Third, the man-who tried to no avail to kick down a door-was wearing a Snoopy costume. "He wasn't too conspicuous," said the official.

No comments:

Post a Comment