Monday, January 20, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 20/346, 2020 - Monday

It is a Holiday today, and the traffic was tolerable on the way IN to Austin, but it was pretty typical on the way OUT of Austin. Now that I think about it, I do not think I saw a single wreck today. That should have made the front page of the paper. When I lived in New Orleans (two separate occasions), there was NOT a homicide on one day, and that was news! Holiday or not, the streets of Austin were full of shoppers and sightseers. I know there was a parade and several ceremonies, but it was the congestion of the retail therapists that really caught my attention. I tried to buy a pair of boots, but they did not have my size. I was not expecting the crowds! Anyway, as I was being chauffeured back to the office, I happened upon this wall painted in SoCo, and thought I would share it with all of you in this journal entry. I think he would win by a landslide...and our tax troubles would be done for!

As she enjoyed an Aldi mince pie in early December, eater Angela McGill, 52 of Glasgow, Scotland, thought one bite seemed particularly "rough and really hard - I thought it was a tough piece of pastry!" she told Metro News. Instead, McGill soon realized she had swallowed her partial dentures with two false teeth. Hospital X-rays confirmed the dentures were caught halfway down her throat, but the staff advised her pulling them out would only cause more harm. It took 72 hours for the plate to pass. "It was ever so funny!" she said. "And I was really enjoying the mince pie, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment