Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 21/345, 2020 - Tuesday

Today was the first trip out of Austin for 2020. I quick trip to Dallas (overnight). In-and-out, nobody gets hurt. I was invited to the Collin County Association of REALTORS® to make a presentation at their Major Investor event. It was great, and all the association staff worked really hard to make it all look easy. The easier an event looks, the harder they have worked to make it look that way. Everyone did a great job. One of my lesser known indulgences is getting my shoes (boots) shined at the airport or the hotel when I am out of town. It has been a while, mainly because I have been wearing shoes that could not be shined. BUT, my new vow (obsession) for 2020 is to wear REAL shoes during the week, which in turn means, shoe-shine-stands, here I come!

Police in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, were called December 27 to the parking lot of a CVS pharmacy over a "public menace," according to WKYT. The culprit was a "hostile chicken" that "pecked viciously" at the officers and "made some adept use of vehicles for cover" before they were able to corral it in a plastic milk crate, according to the police department's Facebook page. Officers transferred the foul fowl (get it?) to "someone who can give him more suitable accommodations," then attended to their wounds with "some doughnut therapy."

No comments:

Post a Comment