Friday, January 17, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 17/349, 2020 -Friday

This does not even count as odd according to Austin standards, let alone weird. It is not that unusual to see a giant rubber duckie in a bath tub on south First Street, but I document it here for the benefit of others that are not that used to weirdness as an every day occurrence. A couple years ago, Jetta give me and Jody some hand made soaps and I liked them very much. I receive a catalog that offers handmade soaps, and I decided to order some, but better yet, I decided to see where I could buy hand crafted soaps in Austin. Lo-and-behold, just five blocks down the street from the office is a place that specializes in hand made soaps. I have driven past the place thousands of times, and never noticed it. I am now the happy owner of five different varieties of hand-crafted locally made soaps.

Lizard owners who want to dress like their reptilian pets have a source for trendy looks: Fashion Brand Company of Los Angeles has been making clothes for lizards for a while, but now you can MATCH your bearded dragon. The current collection, according to OK Whatever, includes velvet jumpsuits and Western fringe jackets that come with a tiny white cowboy hat. The clothes are handmade (see the soap comment above) and go for up to $125 - and that doesn't include whatever your order for yourself. Founder Penelope Gazin says the ideas "come to me in my dreams," adding that lizards need clothes because "their bodies are disgusting and should be covered up." Gazin admits both she doesn't own a lizard and doesn't like lizards.

No comments:

Post a Comment