Thursday, January 11, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 11/355, 2024 - Thursday

I did my part today to clear the shelves at HEB in anticipation of the freezing temperatures we are expecting next week. It all starts on Sunday and should be over by Wednesday or Thursday. If you take the low temperatures in the seven day forecast, the average low temperature is 27 degrees. The worst is 16 degrees, and that is not something we are used to here at the Curious House. SO, stay tuned here, and you will quickly become bored with all the talk about cold weather. It was, by comparison, a warm walk this morning. After the walk, I left for the office relatively early because I had a couple appointments, the first on at 10 o'clock. You just never know what the traffic will be like. The refrigerator repair people were supposed to show up today, also, and the appointment window was between 9AM and 6PM. I told them that I would not be home until after 2:30. They are very detail oriented, and they called at 11:47 and said they were on their way. I told them to call me when they got there, and I would open the garage door for them remotely. AND IT WORKED. I think it is pretty cool that I can open the garage doors remotely, and this was the first time I ever had to do it, but it worked, I did not have to see them, they did not have to see me, and everyone was happy. On the way home, my escapade at HEB was fun, there was plenty of stock on the shelves, and I bought lots of things that I expect I can use when the power goes out. I was looking for an apple pie (half a pie), but I may have to stop again tomorrow to see if I can find one. Half a pie or a whole pie, it will all be consumed, so I am not sure who I think I am kidding. Still, since it was 73 degrees today, it is hard to comprehend that it will be 16 degrees in just 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment