Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 2/364, 2024 - Tuesday

Nobody caught my journal error yesterday, or if they did, they were too polite to mention it. I put the year as 2023, instead of updating my little pea-brain to note the new year. The day started out relatively nicely, with some sunshine late morning. Our walk was a little bit chilly, but it was okay. The ROMEOs met for a nice breakfast, and with my need to shed some weight, I did not have a pancake. You need to smart small, so no pancakes for me. I got in to the office, and it was a pretty calm day, relatively routine. I left the office at about 2 o'clock this afternoon, and it was just starting to rain. By the time I got to the Curious House, it had not started to rain, but within about 15 minutes, it was raining. It is cold, raining and grey outside, just perfect for a long hibernation. I failed to eat black eyed peas yesterday, so at breakfast, I asked if they could find me a spoonful, figuring better late than never. Nope, there were no black eyed pease to be found. Pam brought me rice, black eyed peas a cornbread shortly after I got home, and OMG it is delicious. Plus, I have enough to be eating on it for several days into 2024. I am pretty well set for dinner foods for at least the next several days, and if you know anyone that wants some boiled shrimp, let me know. There are also plenty of cookies and various Holliday treats I will happily share. I have LOTS of Tupperware and other vessels that I need to try and return to their rightful owners. Here is something you don't hear me say too often, the television choices for this evening are actually pretty inviting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment