Monday, January 15, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 15/351, 2024 - Monday

Knock on wood, we may have experienced the worst, even though it will be colder tomorrow that it has been today. There was no walk today, not even a meander. It was about (as I recall) about 16 degrees this morning, so I decided to go back to bed. Last Friday, we had already decided that the office would not open today, and everyone worked from home. We think that the barrage of warnings we sent out every day last week avoided a lot of problems. Knock on wood. I ate the last of the rice and black eyed peas (thanks Pam) this afternoon, and now I am working on ten day old pizza. Tomorrow I will work on more of the spaghetti and meatballs that Teri brought me yesterday. I also have part of a baked chicken that I got at HEB last week. I have plenty of food, the house is warm, no pipes have broken, all is right with the world. I expect there will be no walking tomorrow morning, and I have a 9 o'clock zoom call. I should be able to head in to the office after the zoom, with probably no challenges. There was just a little bitty dusting of snow at the Curious House, and I did actually see a few actual snowflakes, which is not something you can hear me say every day! Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment