Friday, January 5, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 5/361, 2023 - Friday

I have not been doing a very good job of taking daily photos to include with these journal posts. At the last minute, I tried a couple things, but I did not like them, so I thought I would go back in history and see what I was doing beck then, this day in 2011. From what I can tell, I was taking hay to the cattle, looking at a new heifer, and listening to what Violet had to say. I am done with shrimp, and I still have at least a couple days of rice and black eyed peas, at least a week of cheese and crackers left to finish. It started off really foggy this morning, not a chilly as yesterday, but VERY foggy. They were predicting no more rain for the day, and blue skies in the afternoon, so I took the little white car in to the office. They were right, and by the time I left for home, it was 65 degrees, beautiful blue skies, not a cloud to be seen, and the top was down on the car. The book club selection for this month is The Heaven and Earth Grocery Store, and I started listening to it earlier this week. I am getting more interested in it as I listen, but it did not grab my attention right to start with. That is not uncommon for me. There is one estate sale tomorrow, and I have a ticket already for a movie tomorrow afternoon. We shall see what else happens, but it looks like it will be a nice weekend. No more rain expected until overnight Sunday. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment