Sunday, January 21, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 21/345, 2024 - Sunday

It is not freezing cold outside anymore, although it is definitely not warm. We are not expecting any more freezing weather for the next ten days or so, at least, but now it is raining. Okay, dribbling. Annoyingly so. I had brunch tacos at Alisha and Reuben's house, after a nice walk this morning with Richard, Paul and Jack. Before leaving for brunch, I did some laundry, and then some more laundry, and then some more laundry after that. Everything is clean now, so that is kind of an accomplishment. I'm not sure where I came up with the initiatives, but I got quite a few menial things done around the house. The Piglet got her face washed, which is something she is NOT AT ALL fond of, and I even gave myself a hair trim, and I have to tell you, it did not turn out too badly. I think it looks much better now than it did when I started. the before and afters are quite impressive. Val and Paulina and Oliver came to retrieve me about four o'clock and we went in to Georgetown for dinner. The Golden Rule, which is a place none of us had tried before, and it was good. I had an Elk Burger, assuming it was Elk meat, but you really could not prove it by me. It was good, though. I bought a bunch of waxed Amaryllis bulbs over the Holidays, and gave them away, and I kept several. I know of two that were gifted that turned out to be white, and I do not think I had ever seen white Amaryllis before, but now I have one blooming as well. I know commonly they are red, and some are kind of candy striped red, but not I have white. I will put them all in the ground in the spring, and look for them to bloom again when they are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment