Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 16/350, 2024 - Tuesday

I'm doing penance, and I'm not even a Catholic. Not only has it been really cold this week, I have three zoom calls scheduled. This morning, it was 14 degrees when I wakened, so there was no walk for me, and I was overscheduled, so no ROMEO breakfast, either. So I went back to bed. I got up to keep the girls breakfast on schedule, and ran a comb through my hair. Today's zoom was scheduled for 9 o'clock, and expected to last an hour. I gained 17 minutes of my life when the call ended early. Tomorrow, the zoom is from 9AM until noon, and fingers crossed... The weather is causing some issues for some people, but nothing really concerning for me. An in-person meeting that I had scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled because of weather related issues. I have another in-person meeting scheduled for Thursday at the same place, so we shall see if that goes off as scheduled. I drove in to the office after the zoom meeting, and there was not a single issue to be dealt with on the roads in to Austin. The only issue was that I left my cell phone at the Curious House, and I had to turn around and retrieve it. I was not far into the drive, so that was not a real issue. Once at the office, I was all alone, and got a little bit of work done, posted some late rents and made a couple bank deposits. There was nothing that needed to be done on the way home, so I got there, made a couple phone calls, and called it a day. It is now 6:30, and I have checked the mail twice, and it had not beed delivered yet. I will go and check again once I post this entry, so I hope it is there. It is a cold (but short) walk to the cluster boxes. Tomorrow is supposed to be even colder than today, so I expect I won't be walking. Maybe Thursday, and another cold front is expected to come in on Friday, and make a mess of the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment