Tuesday, December 31, 2019

2019 - Day 365/0 - Tuesday...Concinnity...

Well, just to be clear, this is really NOT the last day of the decade. December 31, 2020 is the last day of the decade, if you really want to get technical about it. I am kind of torn about how technical I want to get about it, so I think I will just post this and then you can fight amongst yourselves about it. So...the FIRST year was not year zero, it was year 1, so 2021 is REALLY the start of the next decade. I'm just sayin'. But, the bottom line is, I really don't give a happy shit about it, so you can all do whatever you want, and at this point, I will just nod, smile and do my best to be polite. There is no denying that today is the LAST day of 2019, and we were all looking forward to a better year on the last day of 2018. How did that work out for you all? Just askin'. Whatever. True this: When one fireworks stand blows up and burns down, you just bulldoze the remains and pull another fireworks stand up in front of the burned down one. Y'all be careful out there, and I will see you next year! I LOVE YOU ALL!

Concinnity -- Noun. harmony or elegance of design especially of literary style in adaptation of parts to a whole or to each other. The art direction, cinematography, and score all contributed to the concinnity of the film and made it a classic.

Did You Know? The Romans apparently found perfect harmony in a well-mixed drink. The cocktail in question was a beverage they called cinnus, and so agreeably concordant did they find it that its name apparently inspired the formation of concinnare, a verb meaning "to place fitly together." Concinnare gave rise to concinnus, meaning "skillfully put together," which in turn fermented into concinnitas. English speakers added the word to our mix in the 1500s as concinnity.

No comments:

Post a Comment