Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 283/83, 2024 - Wednesday

As of tonight, I am marking my groceries (refrigerated) with the expiration dates with a Sharpie, so I can see what may kill me easier. Tomorrow is trash day, so I am contributing some hummus that had something growing in it that was not hummus. I am now eating carrots and celery with hummus that expired about five weeks ago, but it smells okay, or at least as okay as roasted garlic hummus can smell. You know the drill, if I wake up dead tomorrow, ask the coroner to check for the hummus. Paul and I had a nice walk this morning, but for the second time this week, we passed each other looking for each other, and neither one of us is aware how we can walk past each other, going opposite directions, and not know that we passed the other one. Whatever. Office was good today, but getting to the office was a bit of a challenge. There were four wrecks along the way, including one where the vehicles were laying on their sides, and another one where the cars had apparently spun around a couple times and were heading in the wrong direction. I left the office early since I got in late, and stopped at the Volkswagen and put my name on the list for the new iD Buzz. Maybe sometime in November. We shall see. This weekend is the second weekend of the Austin City Limits Music Fest, which means I will not be going in to the office on Friday. I could easily get used to that. Ugh...what is going on with all the hurricanes? My friends in Florida have either fled or are hunkering down, and it is a total mess. This is a genuine offer, but I know the Curious House is kind of far away, but if you need shelter, let me know, there is plenty of room.

No comments:

Post a Comment