Sunday, February 12, 2012

2012 - Day 043/323 - Sunday...

Well, all I can say is, I picked one helluva day to come back from vacation...

I was off the ship by about 8:30 this morning, and Doren and I were hitting the road by about 9 o'clock. Except for taking a wrong exit in Houston, we had no real problems, and we pulled into the McDonald's parking lot in Elgin just about 30 minutes before Jody. Jody and I had lunch in Elgin, and brought some bar-b-cue back for later on. As long as we were there...

There was a nagging suspicion that it had gotten cold enough last night that some of the connections in the pasture could have frozen, but nothing bad happened, and the seven day forecast calls for warming temperatures in the seven day forecast. BUT, just as we were about a mile from the house, I heard what I thought was rain on the truck, but I could not see any raindrops. I could hear it but I could not see it. We got in the house and less than 20 minutes later I was out feeding the cattle. AND IT WAS SNOWING. Really? Snowing? Yep, it was snowing and I was out feeding the cattle. I felt like I was in the middle of an old Marlboro commercial, but without the chaps and the cigarette. If you squint your eyes just right, you can see the snow in this picture. CRAZY!

The cruise was fun, and we are already planning next years. Royal Caribbean, February 10th out of Galveston. Come with us!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SNOW DAY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment: