Saturday, February 18, 2012

2012 - Day 049/317 - Saturday...

Lots of rain overnight. We put the Thunder-Shirt on the dog before we went to bed, it was already thundering. At some point, the weather-alarm radio went off, warning about flash floods, and I got up and shut it off. Jody said it went off again during the night and it kept-on-and-kept-on and I just slept through it. He finally got up and shut it off, and I was just out like a light, I guess. It has rained a couple more times since I took this picture, we are at about 3 3/4 inches so far. It is supposed to be clearing off tonight, and be sunny and bright tomorrow.

We rode around (kind of some out-of-the-way places) today, just looking at where there is water that wasn't there yesterday. There is water in places that has not had water since the last time there was water there. And that is saying something! There is water where the middle tank (that we had filled in) used to be. There is water in the big main tank in the west pasture, and there is water in the new tank in the east pasture. There is water in the fields, there is water in the bar ditches. There is water. I am not complaining, I just hope there will be some water in the summer. AND, I hope we get a cutting or two from the pastures this year. We only got one cutting last year, and I am about to start using that hay for the cattle.

Jody and I did go into Taylor this morning to get some feed for the cattle. We took his truck since it is closed in, and the feed is still in the truck. It is a little too wet to try and take it back to the feed shed, but I will do that tomorrow. I am also going to try and take hay to the cattle, hoping I will not get stuck in the mud. It is always something...

When we got back from Taylor, Jody went down for a nap, and I did some work in the office. I got a lot of little things done, so I am ahead of the game on that kind of stuff. After Jody got up from his nap, we went into Georgetown and (are you ready?) we went to Chik-Fil-A for lunch. We shared a chicken salad sandwich, fries and we each got our own milk shake. Fabulous.

After lunch, we went to Tractor Supply and I got a new hay ring for the cattle. That is the fourth hay ring in about eight years we have had the cattle. Things just do not last the way they used to. AND, the cattle are rough on inert objects. If they want something and there happens to be a hay ring or a gate or a fence in the way, well, that is just too bad.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment