Sunday, February 19, 2012

2012 - Day 050/316 - Sunday...

Things got off to a slow start today, I slept in for a while, and it was cold and cloudy and I was not motivated. Miguel was supposed to come by around 9 o'clock, but he was called off to work somewhere else, so that gave me a little bit of a break. At least I would not have to run around like a crazy man today.

I started by sweeping out the garage and filling the wagon with firewood for the week. Then I went out to the pasture and closed the feed pen off so I would not be molested by the cattle when I was feeding them. I got the cattle fed, and put a fresh bale of hay out for them. I have not put the new hay ring together, it is too wet for me to try and take the truck back there. One thing I learned a long time ago, avoid getting the truck stuck in the pastures at all costs. Even though it is pretty easy to pull the truck out of most muck with the tractor, it just makes better sense to just avoid it all together.

This is a photo of the new tank we had dug last year during the height of the drought. This is the first time it has had more than a couple feet of water in it, and it looks pretty darned good. The old tank in the other pasture is looking good right now too. I could actually turn the water off to the troughs, but I will leave it for now. We have not been using very much water at all for the past couple days.

Jody and I went into Georgetown this afternoon for spoilers at Dairy Queen. We went back to Georgetown tonight for dinner at the Catfish Parlor. Pretty darned good, even though the waitress kept trying to refill my root beer with diet Pepsi.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WATER IN THE TANK, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment