Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 - Day 2/363 - Friday...

In October of 2015 I will have lived in the Austin area for thirty years.  That is considerably longer that ANY other place I have ever lived, easily twice as long as the nearest contender.  Almost a half of my life has been spent in this area (I turned 63 in December), and in all that time I have never been to Top Notch Burgers on Burnet Road.  It pre-dates me at least by a couple decades (I am pretty sure it was included in Dazed and Confused but I had never had
an occasion to stop in.  So, that was one of my tasks today.  I pulled in under the covered parking, pushed the button and confessed that it was my first time there, please tell me what to do.  I ordered a cheeseburger (Number Two) and fries, and the car-hop was very friendly and accommodating (and told me she hoped my first time was pleasant), and that was the end of that.  The atmosphere reminds me of the old fashioned Sonic, but no roller skates.  It also kind of reminds me of the A&W Root Beer stand we visited when I was a kid in Michigan.  The food reminds me a lot of Sandy's on Barton Springs Road although I confess I think Sandy's is a little bit better.  BUT, that is not to say that I will not return.  Maybe the cook was having a bad day, so I think a couple more visits should be afforded them before I make a final, decisive judgment.

And, just anecdotally speaking, this stuff about smiling and being considerate has its' limits.  I'm just sayin'.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHEESEBURGER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment