Thursday, January 29, 2015

2015 - Day 29/336 - Thursday...

With all apologies to Inman, I have to tell you all; the absolute HIGHLIGHT of this trip was to visit for a short time with Jerry.  I have not got the best memory, and I am a little vague about many details of my life (which is one thing that makes my stories more and more interesting with each telling), but I do remember that I thought Jerry was about the best thing since sliced bread.  I doubt that he was aware of it, but I was a true fan, and an admirer.  He was a very talented artist and a really nice person.  We had a terrific visit this evening, and he reminded me of many mutual friends that I did not even know were mutual friends at the time.  It has been almost five decades since the last time we spoke or saw each other, but it was really a great time.  JP (and yes, I could forge your signature as well), I very much hope to keep in better touch with you going forward.

For all practical purposes, today was the last day of the conference.  There will be a few presentations tomorrow morning, but I will be at the airport at about the same time that they begin, and I will be back in Austin for the weekend.  I cannot hardly wait.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MY FRIEND JP, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment