Friday, January 9, 2015

2015 - Day 9/356 - Friday...

One down, 51 (or so) weeks to go.  I had lunch today with my friend Al (Albert, Albetooch).  We have known each other since (I think) the late 70s, we used to work for the same company (the last place I was fired from), and he was the reason that I moved to Austin from New Orleans.  A lot of water has run under both of our bridges, but we have remained friends for decades.  Al moved to Houston in '88 or '89, and I have been here since '85.  Al is now back in the vicinity, and may or may not be here for a while longer.  He is a good friend, and I am very happy that I had the opportunity to go out and let him buy me lunch today!  Next one is on me.

It is still cold here, unusually cold.  Right now it is 34 degrees.  We have recorded 0.07" of rain today, and w
e are under some kind of weather advisory until noon tomorrow to be on the lookout for icy roads.  I do not think that is really going to happen, but if it was to happen, I would prefer that it happen on a weekday.  All HELL would break loose then, and as it is, it only has the possibility of ruining part of our weekend.  The nice thing about living on the edge of nowhere (and of having achieved an advanced age) is that, if the weather is really that bad, I may as well just go back to bed.  Nothing (really, NOTHING) is that important anymore that I need to make myself a basket case.

BUT, having said that, I expect I will become somewhat crazed with cabin-fever if anything really happens, but there is plenty of room out here to go and wander around.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COLD, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment