Sunday, January 4, 2015

2015 - Day 4/361 - Sunday...

You just KNOW it is going to be a good day when you get the tractor stuck in the mud up to its' axles.  No, really, I mean it.  I got the tractor stuck in the mud and guck (I am not sure what makes up guck, but the tractor was stuck in it out in one of the pastures this morning) pretty much first thing this morning.  Actually not first thing but pretty soon after first thing.  The thought of going and asking for some help to get it out of the guck (defined by Webster as "oozy sloppy dirt or debris; goo") occurred to me, but we were able to get it un-guc
ked using the hydraulics of the front end loader.  Mission accomplished.  The cattle got two nice bales of hay and two nice big new fresh buckets of molasses.  They likes them some molasses.  It is supposed to be down into the low 20s tonight, so I wanted to make sure they had plenty of feed to keep themselves warm.  This is a picture of Violet (our first born) and the bull of her calves Mr. Speckles.  I am having some second thoughts of getting rid of Mr. Speckles, but I think it is inevitable.  Once a fence jumper, always a fence jumper.

Although I did a lot of nothing yesterday, I did a little bit less nothing today.  We did get the chicken coop cleaned out, Miguel got the front barn somewhat organized (now I still won't be able to find anything out there but it looks good), and we got the front porch and back patio power washed.  Darned chickens!

Tomorrow will be back to (unfortunately) normal traffic flows I fear, and the new "Hands off your cell phone" ordinance will go full steam.  I tried complying with it last week, and did okay, nothing great.  I think the odds are actually be in my favor.  I can hardly wait for the first of our local lawmakers that got this ordinance through to get a $500 ticket.  I hope it makes page one, above the fold.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MOLASSES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment