Thursday, October 5, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 278/87, 2023 - Thursday

It was pretty much a total cluster getting to the airport this morning. There was a pretty good storm over night, there was 0.78 in my gauge, which was pretty darned good, considering. I left for the airport at 6:15 for my 9:30 flight. I already knew there was a fatality wreck in front of the airport, going west, so I thought I would be smart and approach it from the other side. Traffic was total chaos for five miles from the airport. ALL the intersections were blocked with cars that could not go anywhere. I finally got to the place where I park, but the vans could not get in or out. I decided to walk to the airport, and I got about half way there, and a taxi came through, and I paid him $20 (US) to take me the rest of the way, about a half mile. Ultimately, my flight was delayed about an hour, and everything was just fine. I got to the condo, made a couple appointments to do some stuff tomorrow and Saturday, and then I hooked up with a bunch of friends from Austin. We met up with a bunch of ex-Pats that I met here before (Steve, his two daughters, Isabella and her husband, and a few others, I am really bad with names), had dinner, walked back to the Selecta (where I got breakfast muffins), and now I am about ready to call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment