Friday, October 6, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 279/86 - Friday

Okay, it was kind of a busy day, in a good kind of way. I was up at my usual time, sort of, maybe a little later than my usual time. I had some studying to do, some email stuff, some calls to make, just stuff like that. I had an 8:30 appointment to take my first SCUBA diving class. The first class was review of the book stuff, and then we walked down the street a little ways, and did some stuff in a hotel pool. I'm pretty sure I did okay for that part, so far, so good. Then, about an hour break, and I got a chicken salad sandwich and a diet Coke at the 7-11 around the corner. I also dried my clothes before I put them back on and went back for my second class of the day. For the second class, we headed to the beach, got in a boat, and went off into the Caribbean. I am not crazy about sitting on the edge of the boat, in full wet suit and tanks, and falling backwards into the water. But I did it. The first descent I was a little anxious at first, but the third time I started down, all was okay. It is kind of interesting to think that you are forty feet down in the Caribbean, and you are gliding along, looking at all kinds of fish, coral, crabs, flounder, and sting rays. We were down for about 45 minutes on that first dive, and then we went to another spot. I think I did better on the first dive than I did on the second dive, but as I write this, I am above water, sitting in the dining room at the condo, typing this journal entry. I must have done at least a few things right. Later on this evening, all the Austin peeps and I went to the Freaky Tiki, and we met up with the same ex-Pats from last night, and on previous trips here. The music was good, the food was good, and I have another hat for my collection. After dinner, I went back to the Selecta, and got milk, paper towels, just ordinary stuff, and it is just about time to call it a night. I have an 8:30 class tomorrow, and then a test, and then I just be certified. Not sure what I will be certified for, but I will be certified. I should have at least a few better photos to share tomorrow. If there's no pictures, you didn't do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment