Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 291/74, 2023 - Wednesday

Well, the dog treats I take with me everyday when we walk, really came in handy this morning. Peter and I started the walk, and we got about a half-mile into it when we noticed a dog off-leash. It was kind of skittish and friendly at the same time, probably a Labra-Doodle, or one of the more popular hybrid dogs that are popular now-a-days. Eventually, we got a look at the tag on the dog, and determined that his name was Bentley, and there was a telephone number on the other side of the tag. Peter called the phone number, and it went directly to voice-mail. I tried calling the number, and it said the call could not be completed as dialed. The further we went, we would see some people, and they had no idea who the dog belonged to. Eventually, Paul joined us, and again, I think at times I should be referred to as Mary (see what I did there?), and we still could not locate anyone that knew about the dog. THEN, a man we had never seen before on our walks (Taylor), saw what we were doing, and he had a leash. Bentley was too smart for that, but I bribed him with dog cookies, and we eventully got the leash on the dog. By then, the owners had left a voice mail message for Peter, and within five minutes, dog and owners were reunited, and we were relieved of further responsibility. I had only intended to do half a walk this morning because of my planned meetings, and everything worked out. I got where I needed to be when I needed to be there, and Peter and Paul finished their walk. Hats off to Taylor! In the photo; me, Peter, Paul and Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment