Sunday, October 22, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 295/70, 2023 - Sunday

I have lived in central Texas for just over 38 years, and I usually do not have too many bad bouts with allergies. When moving to Austin from other areas, people are advised to find an allergist, because you are going to need one. This year, right now in general, is really taking me down the allergy road. It has been going on for at least a week now. Coughing (a lot), sneezing, runny nose, sore throat. I am a walking commercial for OTC allergy drugs. It will all work out okay, I am pretty sure. I did half a walk with Paul this morning, I did not sleep well because of all the coughing. And, after brunch this morning with Oliver, Paulina and Val.
I tried napping and that didn't work either. I was planning on going to a movie this afternoon with Jimmie, so I rooted around in my medicine cabinet and found some cough medicine (with codeine and dated in 2007), which seemed to have done the trick. I still coughed through the movie, but not  so much that I convulsed. Honest. So I think I will indulge with some more tonight when it is time to turn in for the night. MOVIE: Killers of the Flower Moon. A very good movie, I read the book a while back, the movie reminded me of some things I had forgotten in the book, and it was visually stunning. It was also three-and-a-half hours long, with a few movie stars that I had no idea were in the film. I recommend it if you can find a free afternoon in your schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment