Friday, February 27, 2015

Day 58/307 - Friday...

This was a very good day.  There were lots of really good speakers at the RPAC President's Circle Conference; General Wesley Clark, Former Texas Congressman Martin Frost, and my favorite (and the one I was really looking forward to) Pulitzer Prize Winning Presidential Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin.  Ms. Goodwin spoke (primarily) about Teddy Roosevelt and President Taft.  Very, very interesting anecdotal information.  Ever since Jody and I watched the PBS Series on the Roosevelts, I have been looking forward to hearing her at this conference.

In addition to these great presentations, there were several speakers from the National Association of REALTORS®, and the overall them of the day was The Role of NAR in Government Affairs.  Overall, a lot of good information and plenty of thought provoking information.

After the sessions, I decided to hang out by the pool for a couple hours, do a little bit of business, return e-mails and make a few telephone calls.  That was very nice.  I then took a nap!  SWEET!

Here is my grand FAIL of the day:  In about 1979, I was running a hotel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, and I was having a blast.  My friend Mike (not the Mike from Florida, a different Mike) was working with me.  We have been Facebook friends for a few years, and he saw that I was coming to Scottsdale and he lives with his wife and two kids in Chandler.  Mike gave me a call early this morning and asked if I was available for lunch.  Nope.  But how about a drink?  His office is near the airport in Phoenix, so he came down (over, up, who knows) to Scottsdale and we had a drink and talked and had a great time.  It has been over thirty years since we have seen each other.  The FAIL is, I did not have the presence of mind to take a selfie of the two of us.  CRAP!  Hopefully it will not be another thirty (or more) years before we see each other again.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, FAIL, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment