Monday, February 23, 2009

Day Fifty Four...

THE TWENTY THIRD OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Great googily-moogily, look at the size of those drumsticks, Batman! Okay, well it is not at all unusual for us to see nature type things out here in the country, and it is in fact pretty common for us to see wild turkey (not the kind in the bottle) out in the pastures. BUT, the other day I saw this guy, in full courting regalia, and I thought at first it was a fake, that it was just too perfect, and too much like the turkeys you see in the third grade coloring books at Thanksgiving. Okay, the fact that the illuminated reindeer were still there for the Holidays kind of led me down the 'fake turkey' road, but there he was the next day, still strutting around. If you look closely to the right of him in the photo, you can see the object of his affection, the turkey hen, who actually seems less than impressed. He can be seem on FM 1105 daily strutting his stuff, and it does not seem to matter what time of day it is. He is one persistent turkey!

Yesterday we went into town and I finally got my haircut which was well overdue. I am not particularly vain about tonsorial fashion, but when Irene (the best hair cutter in Georgetown) handed me the mirror to see the back of my head, I had a small panic attack...it looked like a HUGE pink pancake sized place with NO HAIR. Okay, so I have a receding hairline (since high school) but for all that hair to fall out just because I got my haircut seemed a little bit extreme. Jody tried my best to reassure me that there was no bald spot, but I saw it with my own eyes. And I was convinced that if I kept rubbing it, I would indeed go bald (if not blind). BUT, when I got home and had a closer inspection, it seemed all was well on the follicular front. It must have been some weird lighting thing happening at Super Cuts.

Anyway, after the haircut, we went to Target to buy a couple things. The reason people are not buying anything is because there are no employees in the stores to help you find anything. It was terrible, and we basically left in frustration. Oh well. Then we went over to Soup-r-Salads for dinner, and it was very nice. I love great big salads (especially if I don't have to clean up the kitchen). We both totally ate way too much food, and then I was miserable on the drive home.

All is pretty well on the animal front. The dog, the black cat and the Queen Cat seen to be doing okay. I know the QUEEN CAT has to know that the black cat is inside, but there have been no cat-killing chase scenes since the first night. I think it will all work out okay in the long run. The black cat is very affectionate (as she should be for having been rescued) and wants to be right there with us wherever we are. She is also happy to get up in our laps and play or go to sleep. The QUEEN CAT has never been very social since we have had her, and that has been well more than a decade. She never liked the other cats, the dogs, or me. The only person she really has anything to do with is Jody, and I can understand that, too.

Okay, the condo is supposed to close this afternoon, we have an appointment for 2 PM. I will let you know what happens. LATER THE SAME DAY...okay, the condo closed, both sides of the transaction signed off, and now we will fund within a day or two. So, no champagne until we all get our monies... Keep your fingers crossed. I have not talked with a single REALTOR or Title Escrow officer that has said they had a closing THIS YEAR that completed as it was scheduled. The times we are living in are unusual, to say the least.

Otherwise, the day was very nice, and it is a really pretty spring like day (for winter in Texas). The low temperature for tonight is supposed to be around 50 degrees, and the high for tomorrow is to be near 80 degrees.

I was falling down a bit today on the good deed front, but I was able to remain clam when a client called to tell me their house was scheduled for foreclosure, and how would that affect the tenant. Again, the times, they are a-weird-like.

Okay, so if you can see your way fit, go pick up the phone and call your neighbor, just to chat and say hello...and if you find you can do something nice for them, that would be alright, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment