Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day Thirty Four...

THE THIRD OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Okay, so I am attracted to rusty things. As many of you may know (and many more may not) I am quite well aware that there is a FINE LINE between yard art and a la-z-boy chair on the front porch. And some people have accused me of erasing the line. The original farm had a nice 'courtyard' area that was conducive to displaying art and other 'found objects'. The current farm does not lend itself to the imagination quite as much as the former, so I sometimes need to find my inspiration outside the confines of the property boundaries. I lust after this old car, but I believe it will need to content itself behind the fence on FM 1105 until someone of substantial means discovers it and calls it their own! WAH! Be sure to tune in tomorrow for another exciting episode!

NEWS FLASH...we are still on calf alert. Even though it is still dark outside and I have not been back to the pasture to check on Orchid, I am assuming a LARGE bundle of joy has not yet arrived. I will update you on that later.

This will most likely be a leisurely morning, no pressing issues in the office, in fact, my schedule is relatively open until early afternoon.

Okay, there is still no calf yet...Tim and Jen may win this bet, but that will be okay, as long as child AND calf and both the moms are healthy. It is such a beautiful day here today, Orchid is missing a real chance to have her calf, although it may get down to just about freezing tonight. The bad thing is, I need to get away from the house early tomorrow for a meetng, which means I will not have a lot of time to dilly-dally around if she does decide to have the calf tonight. Jody and I went beck into the pasture where the cattle are this afternoon, and she was paying particular attention to a big stack of brush (that is waiting to be burned), so I am thinking she may be scoping that out as her maternity ward. They will try to go off by themselves and kind of hide when they have their calf. When Daphne had her calf last April, I thought someone had cattle-rustled her, but she was okay, just off in the trees with her new baby.
So, may I suggest that you do something nice for someone who would least expect it. Perhaps you could let the person behind you in line at the grocery go in front of you, or maybe just say a kind word to a stranger on the street. It is really not that hard to be nice, or even to just thank someone for having done a thoughtful thing for you. Try it, like split pea soup, maybe you will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment