Thursday, February 5, 2009

Day Thirty Six...

THE FIFTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Let's talk about flags for a while, what do you say? I see lots and lots of flags on the drive from our house to the Interstate, flags in all manner of repair. Some are brand new, and some show the wear and tear of being out in the wind a bit too long. I know the flags should all be in good shape, but just the fact that they are there means a lot to me. I get a lot of pleasure from flags of many kinds...National, State and then the other decorative types. I like the symbolism of flags, for instance, the thirteen stripes and the fifty stars. I also think flags convey a sort of pride that cannot really be described. Take the Texas flag, for instance. Texas is the Lone Star State, and what State flag could be more simple yet more elegant than the flag of Texas? Can you imagine being a young child with a blank piece of paper and a box of crayons? Anyone could draw the Texas flag, and probably do a pretty darn good job of it. What a sense of accomplishment that is for a young child, and a sense of inclusion in 'the club'. When you live in Texas, it is like being a member of a club. There is a lot of pride that goes along with that. I grew up (my formative years, that is, it took me a long time to grow up) in Michigan, and I cannot think to this day what the State flag of Michigan looks like. I think it has an animal on it, and I cannot remember ever drawing that flag as a kid. No insults intended to anyone from the State of Michigan.

No calf when I went to check this morning. THERE WILL BE NO CALF ALERTS FROM HERE ON OUT, UNTIL THERE IS ACTUALLY SOMETHING TO ALERT YOU ABOUT!

Okay, I had a horribly delicious lunch this afternoon, and now I feel like CRAP! Horrible because it was filled with fat and calories (all the good stuff) and delicious because it was filled with fat and calories (all the good stuff). How can they get all those calories and all that fat and all that goodieness in a lunch that costs $4.29? I hate that! But it was really good at the time, but again, now I feel like CRAP!

I showed some property this afternoon, and I have appointments to show property tomorrow afternoon. If the feds actually do pass the $15K tax credit for home buyers this year, I think that will blow open the markets, and that, coupled with really low interest rates will be a good deal for lots of folks (REALTORS included).

The move to the move is in full force now. Jody organized a lot of stuff at the farm and when I got home, I moved two chests from the bedroom into the big storage shed. I am really excited to get the furniture here from the condo, but I am not looking forward to all the stuff that goes along with it. I may take the truck into the city tomorrow, and bring some boxes back with me when I head home.

Dinner for tonight is almost ready, OMG it is 6:15 PM, we are late...wink, wink. The older you get the earlier you eat, that is my theory. Just you wait and see.

So...what is on you do good things list for today? Well, you can always call someone and ask them if they need help moving. You may not feel that good about it in a few days (aches and pains) but you will feel good about making the offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment