Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day Forty Nine...

THE EIGHTEENTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Decades of rust and neglect. What we have here would be the beginnings or a junk yard if it were not just in a field between two homes. An old van, an old jalopy, and what you cannot see from this photo is an old rusted out Volkswagen and a rusted out tractor. I am not certain, but I don't really think vehicles can rust out like this without having been burned first. Maybe they were victims of a wild fire or something, maybe just ordinary vandalism, but there they sit, decades of vehicles that can no longer loco-mote! Interesting stuff. Again, there is a very fine line between yard art, and crap in the yard.

The black cat is back, and she is now inside the house. Not really sure if it is a he or a she, but for now we consider it a her. We really have come to believe that someone drove her out here and abandoned her, we are really surprised that she survived the night and was not found by the coyotes. One thing is fer shure, she is a hungry one. Never saw anything to eat (so far, you know how cats are) that she didn't like. I will keep you informed as to how this plays out...

It has been a long, albeit beautiful day here in Texas. It is 79 wonderful sunshiny degrees outside, and I just returned from a committee meeting where I ate entirely too much pasta. Coupled with the fitful sleep I had last night, I think I am on the verge of being cranky.

I have not done too many good deeds for mankind today, so I think I will just take myself home and start over again tomorrow.

NOW, just because I am being cranky is no excuse for you to not be friendly and gregarious. Do as I say (please), not as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment