Sunday, February 8, 2009

Day Thirty Nine...

THE EIGHTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Today's topic: Cemeteries Part Two! This is the cemetery of the Holy Trinity Catholic Church in New Corn Hill, Texas. It seems much more extravagant than the cemetery of Zion Lutheran, but it is actually tucked far behind the church, and from the road, all you really see is a glimpse of the cemetery from the road. You actually have to figure out how to get back to see it. The folks resting here are also in an orderly repose, but the markers seem much more extravagant and glamorous. Perhaps the Catholics had more concern about their ascent into heaven than the Lutherans did, but that is purely conjecture on my part.

The baby of my friends Tim and Jennifer arrived last night about 10 PM, according to Tim's post on FaceBook. A precious little baby girl named Maya. So that is one baby boy for one of our office members, one baby girl for friends of mine, and NOTHING on the calf front, unless something happened last night. We shall see...

Shortly after I got up this morning, just after I turned on the first lamp in the house, the power went off for about 5 seconds...just enough that every thing had to be reset...so I spent a bit of time resetting clocks and re-booting the computer. Even the TV in the den had to be reset...but at least it did it itself. I thought that was kind of strange. I think the coyotes did it. This morning was the first time in a while that I heard the coyotes howling off in the distance.

Oh, and speaking of new calves, my neighbors have at least two new calves, just a couple days old right now. Jody said I should move Orchid to that pasture so she could get the idea. The neighbors have a lot more cattle than we do, so the odds are better for them...

By 8 o'clock this morning, I had emptied 18 boxes, and I have revised my estimate of the total number of boxes. There must be at least 500 boxes in the house and in the garage. My estimate of 300 yesterday, which I assumed I was exaggerating, was totally under-estimated. There have to be at least 1,000 boxes in the house and garage. They are multiplying like little bunnies, we are now up to about 1,500 boxes, and I am running out of room for boxes. Help, someone help me please!

After emptying the boxes, I went out and fed the cattle, and put fresh bales of hay in both pastures. I could have only put hay in the pasture where the cattle are now, but I will be moving the cattle to the other pasture on Friday or Saturday, so it seemed like I should go ahead and do it, so now that is done.

When I came inside, Jody and I moved the furniture around in the living room about 35 or 40 more times, until we finally got it the way we want it. All it took was deciding that we had too much freakin' furniture. We took two leather recliners, two parsons chairs, two end tables and a tea-cart (whatever) to the Goodwill in Georgetown. All the furniture was perfectly good, we are just moving furniture from about 4,200 square feet of space into the new house which has about 2,800 feet of space. So, we just needed to downsize some furniture. We took it to the Goodwill place, and there were four guys there to help unload it...unload it to them meant dragging it off the truck and throwing it down on the ground. I told the one guy that had been a perfectly good recliner until he threw it on the ground and splintered it all to pieces. Whatever...

Okay, so I suggest you conduct yourself some personal therapy, and go re-arrange the furniture in your living room, even if you are perfectly happy with it the way it is. A little change will do you good, and you should never settle for the status-quo. Go ahead, it is time for change. Hmmm, that sounds kind of catchy!

No comments:

Post a Comment