Friday, February 13, 2009

Day Forty Four...

THE THIRTEENTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Oh, save me I am afraid...today is Friday the Thirteenth! I am shakin' in my (proverbial) boots. Whatever! Last night Jody was feeling a bit puny, so I went to the Crossroads Cafe and got us burgers and onion rings to go. Yummy good. The cafe is on the corner of FM 1105 and something else...not sure...but it is in the town of Schwertner (pronounced Schwett-Ner, the first r is silent). Just getting used to saying that takes some practice, kind of like when I first moved south it was a conscious effort to say 'y'all', but now it is not an issue (it has only been 40 years). I really like the small town environment, everyone knows everyone, and all seem to care. The talk in the cafe as I waited for my order was all about planting, lost dogs, found dogs, new babies, good rains and good times. A lot of good ole folks, and I was happy to be there.

Today should be a relatively calm day at the office, and we have plans for the weekend to only work to get the storage shed straightened around so we can get some stuff from the garage out there, and do some tweaking inside the house. Life is getting back to normal, and that is a comforting thing. I also think we are planning a trip in to Costco (need coffee) and I have to go to the feed store to get a fresh supply of cattle feed. Today or tomorrow the cattle will be moved to the other pasture, and that is always an interesting thing to get accomplished. We shall see...

Well, the day is about over in the office, I need to try and hit the road to get in front of the traffic. My partner Carrie just called to remind me to take home the Chocolate Souffle she made, like that is just exactly what Jody and I need. AND she said it will not be good past the weekend, so we need to eat it quickly. I had a very small bite of it this morning, and it is delicious, but VERY very rich, and a little bit of that will go a long way.

Okay, that is it for now, unless I need to interrupt this post with a special breaking bulletin. More later...

Okay, a very calm evening is in the making here in the country. Must get ready for the weekend, that is when all the real work happens.

Are you ready for Valentine's Day? Have you told anyone today that you love them and that you care about them? It would not hurt to catch them off-guard, and confess your affection a day early! You might be surprised at the response you get!

No comments:

Post a Comment