Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day Forty One...

THE TENTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Okay, there is one in every neighborhood. That one place that feels out of place, like it was picked up by aliens and transplanted with no particular rhyme or reason. Amid all the cactus and manufactured housing, all the fences and cross-fences, all the clapbord houses that have been there for generations and all the homes that held promise and now hold nothing but faint memories, there is this house. It is BIG AND IT IS WHITE and it stands out proudly on the prairie, especially when the flood lights illuminate it at night. And, oh yeah, it is for sale! I am convinced of two things; that this home is easily visible from the Space Shuttle and the Space Station, and should the sun ever give out, there is enough reflective energy stored from this single family residence that it would continue to warm the earth for decades. I wonder if there is any correlation about the beginning of global warming and the construction of this home? It could be. Here, if you are a house junkie, are the particulars about this property. It is listed for sale for $699,900, shows to be about $,271 square feet, 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, and acreage (not sure what the acreage is, but enough). Let me know if you are interested, and I will arrange a showing for you!

My deal at the Board today was really good, very interesting. We did the DISC personality thing, and my results were pretty much the same as always...high dominant personality, and all the other personality traits pretty much fell from there like a rock in the ocean with cinder blocks tied to it. Strait Down From There. So, these exercises are fun and enlightening, and it was worth the time. The next session for this particular program will be on March 2nd, so I will let you know how that goes. We were told the next session will be about team building, wear comfortable clothes with tennis shoes, and hopefully no one will be allergic to raw eggs. Sounds like fun already!

One of the lunch sponsors today is a home builder, not a custom builder, but a builder of subdivision type homes (although I am sure they would argue with me, they are probably D type personalities). Anyway...the brochures they brought show floor plans of homes with 7,700 square feet! TRACT HOMES for $949K. Did they not get the memo? Okay, even if they are in total denial of what is happening with the economy, what about environmental issues? What about the energy it takes to build, maintain and heat/cool something like that. Besides, who needs a house that big? AND they are building in the FAR Austin suburbs. I wonder where people that will buy those properties work? DALLAS?

Please let me now step down off my soap-box. Thank you! I feel much better now.

Uneventful trips to and from the Board, it is amazing how much time I saved getting to and from there, and my office is only about 9 miles further, but those last nine miles (on the way in to the office) are killers. Same is true for the first nine miles on the way home...traffic congestion city!

Okay, so today's suggestion is...hmmm. Let's see. Okay, I think you should go and thank someone for the wonderfully thoughtful thing they did for you today. Think hard, I am sure someone did something nice for you today, and they need to have that deed acknowledged. Don't just take peoples kindnesses for granted. It is not that difficult to say thank you, but we sometimes act like it is.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment