Sunday, February 15, 2009

Day Forty Six...

THE FIFTEENTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Two of my favorite things, rusty stuff and windmills. In this case, the windmill actually gives the rusty stuff a purpose. The windmill actually works to pump water from underground into the rusty thing, in this case a water tank (think Petticoat Junction on a much smaller scale). The windmill pumps the water up, the water tank holds the water until it is needed and then releases the water into a trough for the livestock. Pretty darn simple, and there is no energy used except for the renewable kind. The windmill can even be controlled so if the tank is full and it is windy outside, the windmill can be disconnected and quit pumping. I wish I had one of those set-ups! On the other hand, I have been told (and believe me I get plenty of free advice out here) that the ground water has too much sulphur in it, and it is not good for the cattle. Especially my citified brand of Longhorns!

Today was a really quiet and calm day...Jody and I left at about 9AM to drive almost 50 miles to recycle the Highlander FULL to the brim of moving boxes and wrapping paper. It seems that might be a bit over the edge, but the stuff needs to be recycled and there is no place around here to do it. So, as we go we will take the stuff into town a little at a time...hopefully we will not have an entire truck full of boxes and paper any time in the near future.

When we got home, we emptied a few more boxes, but we were both tired so we just decided to have a calm day. I did a little bit of real estate stuff, Jody straightened up the kitchen a little bit, and I went out in the mule and sat by the pasture fence and watched the cows. Every time I go out there in the mule, they think it is food time, so we just sat there for about 45 minutes and looked at each other. They are like Pavlov's dogs, they think the mule means food so they just stood there looking at me and slobbering. Interesting.

We went to dinner tonight at Cici's Pizza, the first time either of us had ever been to that brand...it was VERY BRIGHT inside, no energy conservation going on in that place. And the food was really nothing at all to be excited about. Very bland, very tasteless...the best thing I had was (what I believe to be) ham and egg pizza. Yep, that is what I said, ham and egg pizza. It was actually pretty good. They also have maccaroni and cheese pizza, and it had no taste at all. So sad...

I have decided that people do not do enough good deeds for one-another, so I think it is tome that we all begin to confess our good deeds on a daily basis. Perhaps if we start to admit to our good deeds, it will begin a habit, and we will do more-and-more good deeds. So, my good deed for the day (of course it is just one of many) was to thank the man at the recycling center for helping us unload the truck. I told him how very much we appreciated his help (but I did not give him a $1 tip). SO...go out and do a good deed for someone today, and report back to me when you have made someones day better for even the smallest most incidental thing! We will all feel better about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment