Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day Thirty Five...

THE FOURTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

I have no idea who owns this horse, or what his name is, or any other information about him. All I know is, HE IS BEAUTIFUL. Unfortunately, I also believe he is tremendously lonely. He lives (or survives) on a small patch of land between my house and the Interstate. He is confined to less than one acre (I am not a great judge of acreage), but whoever owns him at least keeps him fed, and he always has hay available, and there is a small paddock for him to be sheltered. I never see other animals near him, and I have never seen anyone paying any attention to him. He reminds me of a frieze you would see in an Art Deco work of art, gracing the side of a building or in the lobby of a very nice building. I think he is just gorgeous. I think animals should be cared for, respected and paid attention to. When I stopped to take this photograph, he came right over to the fence, and was practically begging me to pay attention to him. I rubbed his head a few times, gave him a few words of encouragement and felt badly when I had to move on. old figure out who he belonged to, I would ask if I could give him an apple every now and then.

THE DAILY CALF REPORT: Nothing to report at this time, more news as it happens. You will be the fourth or fifth to know about this breaking story!

My deal at the Board of REALTORS this morning went well, and we were actually out of there earlier than I thought. I made it to the office about NOON:15 and had a bowl of cereal for lunch. I don't really want to eat more than that because Jody and I are going to the Fish City Grill in Georgetown for dinner...so I am saving myself!

I stopped by the condo on the way to the office, and the packers were there being very busy, so that is nice that we are not having to do that. I hate to say this, but it is really not in my job description. If you know me very well, you know that I just put everything in black plastic trash bags or in the middle of a giant bed sheet, and that will pretty much take care of it, as long as I can stuff it all in my car...and a Prius can carry a lot more than you would think!

I am also looking forward to getting home this afternoon, to see if we have a new calf yet. I will let you know!

Okay, still no calf, but I am hopeful for sooner rather than later. Too hungry to continue...must have food...gotta eat!

In that vein, why don't you pick up the phone and invite someone over for dinner? It does not have to be anything fancy, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches would be fine, since it is more the thought than anything else. Go ahead, pick up the phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment