Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Day Forty Two...

THE ELEVENTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Okay, by now you might have figured out that I like rusty things. In fact, I think I even mentioned it on one of the earlier posts. Also, I like crap. I like cluttered spaces and I like stuff. So these whirly-gigs are just what I like. Rusty and crap! I guess the owner of this property probably made these whirly-gigs and decided to set them out at the front of his property. They are in New Corn Hill, and the sign below them says "New Corn Hill Air Assn". I think it is pretty incredible what people can come up with if they are given enough time and enough crap to do it with. There is an old bathtub on our property, and it is kind of an aqua-blue color...I would love to rig it up with a pipe and a shower nozzle and make it into a fountain...the problem is I will need the perfect spot on the property to place it, to give it the best possible vantage point for proper viewing by the public. We shall see...

We had a pretty good storm here last night...the same storm that went through Oklahoma and caused at least one tornado and several deaths. For about an hour there was a pretty good little rain event, good winds and a lot of lightning. I thought there would be more rain in the gauge this morning, but it was just under three-quarters of an inch. Glad to have it. After the storm, the sky cleared, and the moon was almost full and very bright. This morning the moon was still very bright, the air is clear and crisp, and I expect it will be a beautiful day.

It is indeed a beautiful day today. I have made many accomplishments today; I have returned many phone calls that I missed while I was out of the office the last two days, took a sales listing in Cedar Park and got it entered in the MLS system, become prepared for the HOA meeting that will be held this evening and did a lot of other general clean up stuff. It is 74 degrees outside right now, and life could hardly be better. It is difficult to comprehend that people in other parts of the world are shooting each other, blowing themselves up in the name of religion. Whose religion is the right one, anyway. I hope mine is, but...We shall see...

Now, I think it would be a nice thing if, the next time you go to the grocery store (or Target or Walmart or wherever) that you purchase an extra bag of dog and cat chow. Okay that will be a total of two bags. But then, just drop it off at your local pet shelter, because goodness knows, they can use the extra food. Try not to look at the adoptable pets there, unless you are willing to take them all home with you (or maybe just one or two). Then everyone will be feeling better and you may just make a couple new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment