Monday, February 16, 2009

Day Forty Seven...

THE SIXTEENTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

The Cemetery Tour, Part C. This is the cemetery of St. Peter's Lutheran Church. The church was the included as the first diary entry in February, and if you remember, it is a beautiful old white church on the corner of FM 972 and FM 1105. The cemetery is about a mile or two away from the church on FM 972. In fact, you pretty much have to go through the town of Walburg before you get to it. The cemetery, like the church itself, seems to be older than those of the 'new' Lutheran Church in town, Zion Lutheran, but it is no less orderly and well maintained than the new church. I wonder what caused the split between the church members? Walburg and the surrounding areas are not that densely populated, and it seems that one church would have been plenty for the area. I hope whatever the reason was, the issues have long ago been put aside, and hopefully forgotten.

Today is expected to be a nice, orderly and calm one, kind of like if I too were a Lutheran (but I'm not). I try to work from home on Mondays, but I have an evening appointment in Austin (Lakeway area actually), so I intend to go into the office about 9 AM and get some stuff done on this Holiday. Happy President's Day everyone, I hope you enjoy it! No mail today, but I think most everything else will be business-as-usual. We shall see...

The day did actually go as planned. On my way into the office, I e-mailed a client from my cell phone, a first for this techno-challenged person. And it worked. I just need to remember if I do it again, to cc myself on the message, or I won't have a record of the deal. The office was pretty quiet, no challenges, no issues out of the ordinary. It was raining when I left for the office this morning, so that was a good thing. I prepared for my late afternoon appointment, and it all went well, and it was a nice drive to the Lakeway area of Austin. The home I visited was a mid-century modern with a couple really nice additions in the last several yea, which makes the property a really lovely livable home. It is relatively isolated and private, and the grounds are lushly landscaped. All in all it will be a very fine home for someone (as it is for the current owners). The seller's are genuine and gracious folks, and they have chickens on the property. Anyone with chickens in the city (okay it is really kind of isolated) can't be all bad (not even a little bit bad) and you know how I like eccentricities. The more the merrier. And I have the dozen brown eggs to prove it. Thanks to them for that lovely gesture (the prospective clients, not the chickens)!

Have you all been practicing your good deeds? I have been very gracious to my fellow motorists when I am allowed to merge into a lane of traffic...a cheery wave of the hand to let them know their kindness was appreciated. A pleasant tone of voice and a kind word go a long way. I will keep working on that.

Okay, go be nice to someone, pat your dog on the head, or rub your cat (not enough to spark static electricity, cats do not like that). Have a nice several hours, and be as kind to yourself as you are being to those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment