Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day Thirty Eight...

THE SEVENTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Today's topic: Cemeteries Part One! So far I have shown you examples of the Lutheran Churches (St. Peters) and the Catholic Church's (Holy Trinity) in the area. There is another Lutheran Church (Zion) which looks to be relatively new in architecture, and therefore not really that interesting. BUT, Zion Lutheran Church does have a pretty interesting cemetery, and as you can see, the Lutheran's have maintained their orderliness and conformity even in death. The markers are really pretty, well kept and every thing is orderly! A place for everyone, and everyone in his or her place! No need for individuality here! After all, it is all done already! It was interesting that, during the Holidays the place was a frenzy of silk (really rayon) Poinsettias, and on a good windy day you could almost hear the dearly departed singing "It's Raining Fake Flowers". But, it is now February, and the cacophony of tattered rayon bits has, for the most part, been cleaned up. Stay tuned for tomorrows post, which will be about the 'other' cemetery at the Holy Trinity Catholic Church. I can't wait!

I left the house this morning at about 7 AM to get to the condo in time for the movers. I was only there for a few minutes before they arrived. I toured the condo, and everything was amazingly well organized, so this part of the move is expected to go very smoothly. I think it is the chaos that will erupt on the other end that will cause some anxiety. We shall see...

Okay, now I am officially really really tired. The movers left the farm at about 3:15 PM, and overall, it was not a terrible experience. We do, however, have about 300 (okay maybe I am exaggerating a teensy little bit) boxes that are left to be unpacked. The plan was to put all the boxes in the garage, so we could unload them as we went along. Somehow, that plan did not get adequately relayed to the movers. I do sometimes have challenges with communication...we all speak English (or a form thereof) but we really have issues communicating. ANYWAY...things could be a lot worse, but overall, it is going to be okay. It is hard to comprehend that all the stuff is gone from the condo, and it is all here on this property. It is truly a sense of accomplishment.

Only a couple things were broken (that we know of so far) and the grandfather clock does not seem to want to chime anymore, but I cannot believe that that is something that cannot be fixed. I am kind of handy with a screw driver, so I will see what I can do.

Now, I suggest that you go pull a warm bubbly bath for someone special, and enjoy it. And it is okay, the someone special that you draw the bath for can be yourself! I am sure that you deserve it. Go have fun! I insist!

No comments:

Post a Comment