Friday, February 6, 2009

Day Thirty Seven...

THE SIXTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

This is the Holy Trinity Catholic Church (Austin Diocese) on FM 1105 in New Corn Hill, Texas. Try not to confuse New Corn Hill with just plain old ordinary Corn Hill, Texas. They are several miles apart, and one theory is that the members of the Catholic Church in plain old ordinary Corn Hill, Texas decided they did not like what was going on, so they up and moves about nine miles away to New Corn Hill, Texas. Honestly, I cannot recall ever having gone through plain old ordinary Corn Hill, Texas but I have seen it on the map. This church really surprised us when we were first contemplating the move to our new place, but there is was, pretty much out in the middle of a corn field out in the middle of nowhere. Actually we live on the edge of nowhere, which is further than the middle of nowhere. But this church is a beautiful sight, and on a really clear day (which is most of the days) you can see the spires from a long way off. Who would have thought there were enough Catholics out here where all the Lutherans had moved? As you can tell from the photo of one of the Lutheran churches I posted a few days ago, the Lutherans are much more conservative...but the Catholics have always had a certain flair.

I went out early this morning, the sun was just coming up, and fed the cattle. They totally liked that surprise, and I just want to make sure they have plenty of food. Since there has been no rain, the pasture grass is not that great, and (if I were a cow) I would like a little extra something in my food trough every now and then. So today they got a little extra, and they were all happy!

Another uneventful ride to work this morning. Called my friend Mike in Miami, had a nice chat. So far it has been a pretty productive day at the office, got some miscellaneous stuff done (usually the stuff I have been putting off), and actually got some of the CRAP cleaned out of the office. Heading out to lunch in a little while, celebrating three office folks birthdays, that ought to be fun. Oh yeah, Toni had her baby yesterday, Toni is one of our associates, not one of the cows!

So...the office luncheon was a fun event, good fun with our agents and all, and the food was great. No dinner tonight (okay I am having cereal) because lunch was so filling. I did get two pieces of Anacho Chocolate Pie to go, and even if there is not much dinner tonight, there will be one hell of a dessert! Woo-Hoo!

A beautiful day here today, the low temperature this morning was in the mid-50's, and the high was about 75 degrees, but it is very windy. I think I say this every year, but this has been a really windy fall and winter, more than usual, but who knows...I can hardly remember what I did yesterday, let alone what the wind speeds were in years past.

Tomorrow is the moving day...up and at 'em really too early, but you have to do what you have to do. I hope I am not too weak tomorrow to post, I doubt I will be, but...we shall see...

Now, go find something really decadent and sweet and sinfully rich and delicious, and go find yourself a new friend to share it with. Or an old friend, or just a friend that you have known for a long time, or a friend you have known for only a short time...just share something sweet with someone right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment