Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day Forty Three...

THE TWELFTH OF TWENTY EIGHT THINGS I SEE BETWEEN MY HOUSE AND THE HIGHWAY...in no particular order...

Rusty stuff and windmills, what could be better. At one point I was going to count the numbers of flags and windmills that I see between our house and the highway, but since I have an advanced case of ADD and old-timers, I lose track of things on the ride between here and there. Needless to say, there are lots of each one. I think windmills are really pretty interesting things, and there are windmills of all sizes, styles and also in all forms or repair. I think this one is really pretty cool. Obviously someone needed to make some repairs, or maybe it was just salvaged from somewhere, but the fact that the blades are down at ground level make it very interesting. In fact, the entire yard is interesting. Another thing I have always wondered about, since we have been venturing to the country-side in one form or another for the past several years is, how can someone drive a car somewhere, and that is it...they never start or move that vehicle again...EVER. Did they lose the keys? Did they just lose interest in driving? Is that as far as the car got before it quit? It is an interesting thing to think about (for me anyway).

The HOA meeting last night was okay, too bad that not enough members of the association arrived to have a quorum, so we just had kind of a casual meeting before we all left about 7:45 PM. So now we will have to schedule another meeting, and it will entail lots of moaning and groaning on the part of the membership that did bother to attend. We shall see...

THE COYOTES ARE BACK and in fine voice, too. I have not heard the coyotes for a long, long time, but they woke me up last night howling. There must have been several of them, and it was a glorious chorus. I think the full moon was scheduled for Monday, but maybe they were delayed because of all the clouds and the little bit of rain that ensued. Whatever the reason, I was glad to hear them, and as long as they do not bother the cattle, they are welcome. I am sure their place in the ecology is necessary, and they can have all the mice they want, but leave the bun-rabbits and the cattle alone!

Today is my friend Sharon's birthday. I gave her a call on the way to work, and gave her a lot of trouble about things in general. Sharon and I have known each other for quite some time, and in fact, I represented her as her REALTOR several years ago. Sharon and I worked in the same real estate office, that is how we originally met. Anyway, we are diametrically opposed as far as political ideologies are concerned, and we never hesitate to remind one another of those facts. I like Sharon a whole-lot, and I hope she knows that...and I hope she has a wonderfully Happy Birthday. I did not sing to her, I wanted her to have a good day!

Another beautiful day here, so I am off shortly to go feed the cattle and then Jody and I will be going out to dinner tonight. All is well with the world!

I suggest you check your contacts folder, and see when someone is having a birthday, and make a special note of it. You can never receive too many Birthday Greetings. You should then leave and go to Walgreen's (or the car wash, in Austin they have the best cards at the car wash) and buy a stock of Birthday Cards. And while you are there, do not forget to stock up on Valentine's Day Cards. The big day is Saturday, and you don't want to let that one slip up on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment