Thursday, November 24, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Twenty Eight; Thursday...

It's Thanksgiving, and I have hundreds of things to be thankful for. I am also thankful for the ability to share in everyone elses words of Thanksgiving. Keep on...

I actually did stay in bed a little longer this morning, I did not get out of bed until almost seven. Then I got (a little bit) busy, but really spent the day doing as little as possible. This is a photo of Jody and the boy going for their daily walk down the road this morning. They go as far as the telephone pole, and then turn around and head back to the house. That is also before their ritual ride for the day, so the dog can bark at what there is to bark at.

We did go and let the cattle into the back pasture, and we needed to do just a little bit of fence repair, which led to us having to do a little bit more fence repair, which led to us having to make some additional temporary repairs until I can get some more wire for the electric part of the fence tomorrow. But, temporarily, the cattle are loose in the back pasture and all seems well with them.

I also turned on the holiday lights that I strung on the old fence (where Aunt Mary used to live) last year, and they a pretty to look at. The newer LED lights are really much more brilliant than the older incandescents.

We went to visit our friends Michael and Lynda for dinner this afternoon, and there was a full house of family there. We made it home by about 5:30, and then it was time to put the chickens to bed. Two eggs today, one blue, one brown. I am still pretty infatuated with the blue eggs, but the more I look at them, the greener they seem to be. Maybe a teal color. Maybe blue/green. But one thing I know for sure, they are not white or brown.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HAPPY THANKSGIVING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment