Sunday, November 20, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Twenty Four; Sunday...

Up early this morning and I was at the Austin Empty Bowl Project at about 7:30 to start helping them set up. I carried tables and chairs out of the auditorium and set them up under tents for soup and sitting, and then we to my real calling...

Line Control! I was in charge (had my own walkie-talkie and everything), and being in charge is something I like. Once I got the crowds controlled, I asserted myself and started fundraising via raffle tickets for a beautiful hand made quilt. I am a pretty good fundraiser. It is hard to resist someone when asked 'May I please have a dollar'. Okay, I know you can resist that (maybe) from a guy with a cardboard sign in the left hand lane of traffic, but when you are standing in line of a charitable project benefiting the Capital Area Food Bank of Central Texas, it is not easy NOT to cough up a dollar. ONE DOLLAH! Do not make me give you my sad puppy face.

I left about 12:30, once the crowds had pretty much thinned out, and made it home by about 1:30. I fed the cattle (who were very happy to see me), and put out a fresh bale of hay for them. Since this is Thanksgiving week, I am going to open the back pasture to them on Thursday, so that will be a good thing. Everything in the pastures are SO VERY DRY, there are giant cracks in the ground, literally big enough for me to get a front tractor tire caught. Thankfully so far, not of the cattle have gotten a leg caught in the cracks, that would not be something with a happy ending.

Jody and I got in the car and headed for Dairy Queen, and we also stopped at the Tractor Supply store for bird seed. That was followed by a brief nap, and then, before we left to have dinner at Denny's in Jarrell, I went out to put the chickens to bed. I do not think I have posted any photos of the new girls since they were little. The will be six months old in less than two weeks, and I am REALLY looking forward to seeing their blue eggs. That will be fun. This is a photo of four of the six of them. See their cool blue legs? Interesting!

Short week this week, then a long weekend.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLUE LEGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment