Saturday, November 19, 2011

2011 - Day Three Hundred Twenty Three; Saturday...

A nice day if I do say so myself. Although there was really no rest or relaxation to be had, overall, it was a nice day. I started the day with my usual chores, then I made a pile of eggs for me and Jody.

I took off for the Board by about 7:15 or so, I was teaching a class that began at 9 o'clock, and that was over by about noonish. I then headed to the office, because my remote access was not working, and I thought I needed to reboot one or more of the systems that usually needs to be rebooted. BUT, no such luck, so I still have to access my e-mail and my office computer by the 'back-door' which I really do not like to do.

Made it home by about 1:30, and Jody and I headed off to Georgetown for spoilers at Dairy Queen. When we got home from that, I went and piled up in my big blue chair, turned on the TV, and settled in for a little nap. It would have been a much more restful time if it had not been for that damned pesky house fly that thought I was the most attractive thing it had ever buzzed. I would have tried valiantly to kill it, if that would not have caused serious whelps or bruising to my person, so I just tried to 'sleep-around' the annoyance, which did not work.

We left the house about 5:45 to head back into Austin to attend the Austin Empty Bowl Project Preview Party at the Marchesa Event Center. It was a wonderful function, and it is a really worthwhile cause. Search for it on the Internet. AND, the actual event is tomorrow from 11 until 3, so come on down and do your part for this really great cause. CHEAP too! My volunteering part of the function begins at 8 o'clock in the morning. I hope to see you all there.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EMPTY BOWL PROJECT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment