Thursday, September 3, 2015

2015 - Day 246/119 - Thursday...

Today was the final day of the TAR Annual Conference. This year, the conference was held in Fort Worth, another city in Texas that I can check off my list. I have been to Dallas several times, never to Fort Worth. And since when did they start going by FORT Worth instead of Ft. Worth? It seems like I always remember that city being referred to as FT. Worth. I don't really mind it either way, and it is their city, so they can go by whichever spelling they want to, it is theirs to do-with-as-they-see-fit, after all. My brother went by several names as he was growing up; Joe, Bob, Robert, Rob and finally Robb. My mother could never call him anything but Joe, but it was his name, he could call himself anything he wanted to. Kind of also like kids who want to wear their hat to bed, and the parents object and it starts a huge deal. Who cares? What does it matter if the kid wears his hat to bed, who cares what the kid (or Fort Worth in this example) wants to be called. I think you all may have just witnessed some kind of crazy, adolescent angst roiling up to the surface there, and for that I apologize. ANY-HOO...this is a picture of the ceiling in the conferences last meeting room. I had noticed the ceiling treatment a couple times while we were there, and thought it was interesting and might make an interesting photo. You be the judge.

Otherwise, I am home, all is good, it is one season or another here at the edge of nowhere, gun shots can be heard near and not so near. I will be angry if they shoot OVER our land. ANY-HOO (once again) I am about to take the girl dog out for her walk, and then eat a piece of fudge pie I brought home from the Collin Street Bakery in Waco.

Deeds Actions, Changes, ANY-HOOS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment