Tuesday, April 18, 2017

2017 - Day 108/257 - Tuesday...

I had no photos for this journal entry, and I have no idea why I thought of this; Once upon a time I worked for a General Manager in the French Quarter. A very nice hotel. French Quarter/Hotel should be run by a Frenchman (or at least a French person of some sort). So they shipped this guy in from France, and he was my boss. He was actually a lot of fun to work with. He had a better grasp of the English language than I had of the French language, and it made for some interesting reading (memos were still the way to go back then). I remember one memo in particular that he wanted to stress the importance of all the staff to wear the proper uniforms at all times. The subject of his memo was 'Fantasy in the Uniform Wearing'. Loved it. If he wanted the courtyards cleaned, he would request maintenance to get their 'tube of water' and clean it properly. When taking F&B inventories, it turned out that 'pickled cashiers' was really a reference to kosher pickles. It went on and on, and it was fun (most of the time). I do not know whatever happened to that man, but when I searched The Googles for 'fantasies in the uniform wearing', this was the best I could come up with. Otherwise, it was a pretty good day, a little bit more rain and the sun is setting in the west, and all is tight with the world. Deeds, Actions, Changes, UNIFORMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment