Friday, April 21, 2017

2017 - Day 111/254 - Friday...

Okay, I kid you not, I have never had dogs this nelly in my life. Granted, I am not a particularly masculine person, but I can also mingle like I know what I am doing on most of the Home Depot aisles, and not draw any attention to myself. However, Jody and I had been watching the Georgetown Animal Shelter web site for a while (me longer than he) and we stopped by yesterday on our way home from Austin to check out the dogs that needed a new home. We had seen a couple on the site, one a chihuahua mixed with something, and the other one a chihuahua dachshund mix (with escape tendencies). We don't need a dog that is playing Stalag 17 24/7. But when we walked into the area that was holding the adoptable dogs, these two were in a cage by themselves, and that was about all it took. A couple had retired and bought a motor home, and decided they wanted to travel sans pooches, so too bad for them (the pooches too) and good for us. There was an application pending on one (maybe both), but the potential adoptees had not seen them (just saw them on-line) and I got the call this morning that our applications were approved for them both. They were raised together, so there was no need to separate them at this point. So far so good. The schnauzer/poodle mix is named Callie. The maltese/poodle mis is named Little Girl. Right now, Little Girl is sitting in Jody's lap while he reads his magazine, and the schnauzer is passed out on the floor. All is well that ends well. And it is Friday too, so that is a bonus. Deeds, Actions, Changes, GIRL DOGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable! So happy for you and them. Does Junior get a tiny, tiny bit of credit for inspiring you to take the plunge?

    ReplyDelete