Sunday, September 23, 2018

2018 - Day 266/99 - Sunday...1576...

I have never professed to have any mechanical predisposition whatsoever, and I have never had any concerns about that, either. Yesterday, as I dutifully reported in this journal, I was verklempt with the riding lawn mower. It is true that I had ignored that dirty yet amazing machine of technical cunning, even if it does subsist with an internal combustion engine, for months and months, happily because one benefit (and the only one) of the drought was the fact that I did not need to mow the grass. I did get it started (yesterday), and it proceeded about twenty feet before it decided it was not interested in going further. Try as I might, I could not get it re-started, and I eventually had to push it back under the cover of the shed. I did not want to risk it being left out if it rained again. Whatever.

I got up this morning, read the paper, had coffee, made a generous pile of eggs for me and Jody, cleaned out closets (two) and put a pile of clothes to be taken to Goodwill in the car. THEN, I went outside to see about getting the lawn mower started. And it started, just like that, and seemed to have totally forgotten its' lack of interest in the same just the day before. SO...I got MOST of the grass in the front cut...I actually had to cut it all twice since it had grown so long. I did get the parts I wanted to get cut cut. So there was that accomplishment. The only tragedy in the whole thing was the running over the big (SLOW AND OBVIOUSLY STUPID) rat snake. When I first ran over it and witnessed the parts being flung here and there, I thought it was a bunny (for which I was very sad). BUT, it turned out to be a rat snake. I am not happy that I ran over a rat snake, but I am also not as sad as I would have been had it turned out to actually have been a bunny.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PARTS IS PARTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment